We hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. Here are your weekly reminders and announcements:
1. Thank you to everyone who came to The Back to School Picnic and made it such a success! We apologize for the delay with the food truck but it was out of our hands and we appreciate your patience and understanding. We hope everyone did enjoy the complimentary DJ and face painting. It was great to see so many familiar faces and to meet new Pasadena families as well. It was also nice to see so many staff members there.
2. PTA Membership Forms were sent home in your child's backpack. Thanks to those of you that have already sent in your membership dues. Our goal is to have 100% membership from parents and staff. Please help us achieve that goal. Annual dues are $8.00 per adult member. Each adult member in the house is encouraged to join. Membership form attached.
3. Class List Permission Slips were also sent home in your child's backpack. Please fill them out and send them back to school right away. Your class parents were selected by lottery at our PTA meeting on Friday. They will begin compiling your class lists, but they can't do it without your forms. Class lists will only be distributed once they have been completed and approved. So please don't hold up your class list distribution and send back your class list permission slips right away. Permission slip attached.
4. A KidStuff Flyer was also sent home. If you would like to purchase the book, please send in payment of $25 per book and a book will be sent home with your child. This is a great fundraiser for our school and the book pays for itself with just a few uses! Great coupons and money savers! If you are paying by check, please make it payable to Pasadena PTA, and send it in an envelope marked KIDSTUFF BOOK Attn: Daniella Blackman.
5. Our first pretzel sale will be this Friday, September 23rd. Pretzels will be distributed to your child's classroom at snack time. Pretzel sales are held monthly. You can purchase pretzels by sending in $2 but payment must be received one week prior to the date of the sale. We have extended the deadline to tomorrow MONDAY SEPTEMBER 19th. If money is not received by tomorrow, your child will not receive a pretzel on Friday.
Please note that the next pretzel sale is on 10/21/16. ***PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU LABEL YOUR ENVELOPE: PTA PRETZEL SALE, CHILD'S NAME, TEACHERS NAME. You can prepay for the rest of the year at any time.
6. The Pasadena PTA Birthday Box has already been a huge success! It includes a wellness-approved choice of snack and an individual bottle of water for each child and teacher in a nice greeting container in celebration of your child's special day. Please see attached flyer for more details.
7. For all class parents and committee chairpersons, there will be a mandatory orientation meeting. They will be held on Monday, September 26th - 9:30 am for class parents, 10:15 am for committee chairpersons OR if evenings are better for you, Tuesday September 27th - 7:30 pm for class parents, 8:00 pm for committee chairpersons. You need to attend the orientation on one of these dates, not both.
8. PTA Council is offering discounted tickets to see the New York Jets vs. Baltimore Ravens on Sunday, October 23rd. Deadline to purchase tickets is Friday, September 23rd. Please see attached flyer for details.
Please remember that all of our forms/flyers can be found on our PTA Website, pasadenaelementary.org
Thank you and have a great week!
Leslie Heichman Marisa Mitnick