Here are your weekly reminders and announcements:
1. Please VOTE on Tuesday, May 21st from 6:00 am - 9:00 pm for the school budget and BOE seats. Voting will take place at Jamaica Avenue. Be sure to come out and support our schools!
2. The next BOE meeting will take place on Monday, May 20th at 7:00 pm.
3. We would love for everyone to show their support by donating $5 or joining us at the Outgoing Presidents Dinner! This year both of our current presidents will be “outgoing". We're sure we can all agree what an amazing job both Alison and Steve have done as co-presidents this year. They’ve worked with all of us to make positive changes in the school and have really put their all into what makes a great PTA. See flyer attached!
4. We hope you will consider volunteering or chairing for Pasadena Committees and Events next year, please use the following link to sign up
Feel free to reach out to us with any questions!
5. Our district Literacy Night will take place on Thursday, May 30th from 6:45 - 8:00 pm at Stratford Rd. Kick off your child’s summer reading by learning how to maintain your child’s reading, exploring digital reading and getting reading lists. There will also be a “Leave a Book, Take a Book” - bring your gently used books to trade in for a new title!
6. Our next Pretzel Sale is on Friday, May 30th. You can still prepay for the remaining pretzel days in May and June by sending in $4. Pretzels will be delivered to your child's classroom at snack time. You may also pay for the month by sending in $2. Please note that payment must be received one week prior to the date of the sale. Please make sure that you label the envelope: PTA Pretzel Sale, with your child’s name and teachers name.
7. The Pasadena Birthday Box has already been a huge success! We can create a birthday box that is delivered to your child's class on his or her birthday. Choose a wellness-approved choice of snack OR a birthday t-shirt that their class can sign. Snack choices are Pirates Booty, Rice Krispies Treats or Oreos. T-Shirt sizes are YSmall, YMedium, or YLarge. It will be delivered to your child’s class in a nice greeting container in celebration of your child's special day. The cost is $20. Please see attached flyer for more details. REMINDER – Please give at least 1 weeks’ notice to order a birthday box.
8. REMINDER - School will be CLOSED from Friday, May 24th - Tuesday, May 28th for Memorial Day.
Have a great week!
Alison Carey, Steve Lindenfeld