We hope everyone is having a wonderful long weekend and that you all had a great Thanksgiving!
Here are your weekly reminders and announcements:
1. School Pictures are in and should’ve been send home prior to Thanksgiving break. If you haven’t received your pictures, you will receive them home tomorrow. Picture Re-take day is Tuesday, November 29th. If you are unhappy with the way your child’s school picture came out or if your child was not in school on picture day back in October, their picture can be re-taken (or taken) on this day. If you are planning on having your child’s picture re-taken, please KEEP THE CLASS PICTURE, but send back everything else in your package. You can either write “re-take” on the envelope or attach a note indicating that you would like a re-take done. If you have any questions, please let us know.
2. There is a PTA Council Meeting on Monday, November 28th at 7:30 pm at Stratford Rd. Class parents, please remember that you can use these meetings to help fulfill your meeting requirements.
3. Our Holiday Boutique starts this week! Wednesday, November 30th- Friday, December 1st . Flyers were sent home indicating which day (and time) your child’s class will be visiting the boutique. Gifts will range from $1.00-$10.00. Envelopes were attached to the flyers. If you would like your child to purchase gifts, please list the people for whom you would like your child to shop for and how much you would like for them to spend on each gift. Remember, you must let us know in advance by emailing us at email@example.com by November 29th Again, we must have all volunteers names in advance. Thank you for your cooperation. See attached for class schedule.
4. We are still collecting gently used winter coats, hats, & gloves for local children and families in need. Drop off in the lobby until Thursday, December 1st.
5. The POB PTA Community Blood Drive is Monday, December 12th. Every pint of blood donated at our drive saves up to 3 lives so please donate if you can. This is particularly important this year because we just learned that our area is in a Blood Shortage Emergency, which means that there is less than a one day supply of at least one blood type in the blood banks. Traditionally, the demand for blood increases around the holidays, but the donations decrease, making our drive even more important! Please see attached flyer for more details.
6. Our next Pretzel Sale is Friday, December 16th. You can prepay for the remainder of the year by sending in $14. Checks should be made payable to Pasadena PTA. You can also send in $2 for the month of December. Please note that payment must be received by December 9th. Please make sure your envelope is labeled PTA Pretzel Sale and please include your child's name and teacher's name.
Have a great week!
Leslie Heichman & Marisa Mitnick