We hope that everyone is having a wonderful weekend and had a great start to the school year. Here are your weekly reminders and announcements:
1. The Back to School Picnic was a great success! We hope that everyone had a blast! We had a terrific turnout. It was great to see so many familiar faces and to meet so many new Pasadena families.
2. Our 1st PTA meeting is this coming Friday, Sept 15th at 9:30 a.m. in the library. Class parents will be selected at the meeting. Come hear Ms. Heitner's report including an update on our building construction. We will also hear from our new Drug and Alcohol Counselor, Jessica Butindari. We hope you can attend.
3. PTA Membership Forms were sent home in your child's backpack. Our goal is to have 100% membership from parents and staff. Please help us achieve that goal. Annual dues are $8.00 per adult member (not per child). Each adult member in the house is encouraged to join. Form is attached.
4. If you are interested in being considered for the class parent lottery, please submit your form ASAP (flyer attached). Class List Permission slips were also sent home in your child's backpack. Please fill them out and send them back to school right away. Class lists will not be distributed until all of the forms are returned.
5. A Kidstuff Coupon Book also came home in your child's backpack. If you would like to keep the book, please send in a check for $25 made payable to Pasadena PTA. If you are NOT interested in the book, IT MUST BE RETURNED TO SCHOOL. We hope you can take advantage of all of the great coupons in the book. It more than pays for itself in all of your savings!
6. Our first Pretzel Sale will be Friday, Sept 29th. As a gift from the PTA, the September pretzel will be FREE FOR EVERY CHILD (with returned permission slip)!!
Pretzels will be delivered to your child's classroom at snack time.
Pretzel sales are held once per month and you can pay monthly or pre-pay for the year. Payment must be received by Oct 13th to take advantage of this early bird price. Please send in exact change only or check made payable to Pasadena PTA. **Please make sure that you label your envelope PTA Pretzel Sale AND make sure to include your child's name and teacher's name. Flyer attached with additional details.
7. Just in time for Fall sports is our Modell's fundraiser. Please use the attached coupon for 15% off your total purchase (regular and sale items) and Modell's will donate a percentage of your purchase back to Pasadena. It's a win-win!
8. Please join the POB PTA Council on Sunday, Sept 17th at Jones Beach for the 2017 Long Island Heart Walk to help raise money and awareness for cardiovascular disease and strokes. See attached flyer for registration information and details.
9. Please consider donating an item to help the victims of hurricanes Harvey and Irma. Please see attached flyer for items most needed.
Please remember that forms can be found on our PTA website, pasadenaelementary.org.
We wish you all a great second week of school!
Marisa Mitnick, Alison Carey