Here are your weekly reminders and announcements:
1. Our next PTA meeting is on Thursday, January 17th at 7:30pm. Join us to hear the latest happenings at Pasadena!
2. Our next Parent Workshop will take place on Tuesday, January 22nd at 7:00pm at Pasadena. Keep Calm and Carry on is a parent workshop on practical calming strategies for children. See attached flyer.
3. Bottle Caps Needed! Please continue to send in your bottle caps this week for our Pasadena mural, “Eat the Rainbow” in the cafeteria!
4. Our annual Founders Day Awards Dinner will take place on Wednesday, March 13th from 6:15 - 10:00pm at Crest Hollow Country Club. Join us in honoring some amazing individuals in our community including our very own Pasadena honorees, Alison Carey, Michael Rosenstein, and Arda Victor. A HUGE thank you to Lori Bornstein for all of her hard work and dedication in chairing Founders Day for Pasadena! Flyer attached with details!
5. Our next Pretzel Sale is on Friday, January 31st. If you missed the deadline for our first four pretzel sales, don't worry, you can still prepay for the remaining 6 pretzel days by sending in $13 no later than Monday January 21st! Pretzels will be delivered to your child's classroom at snack time. You may also pay for the month of January by sending in $2. Please note that payment must be received one week prior to the date of the sale. Please make sure that you label the envelope: PTA Pretzel Sale, with your child’s name and teachers name.
6. The district will be holding a Community Forum entitled Profile of a Graduate on Monday, January 14th from 7:30 - 9:00pm in the high school cafeteria for anyone interested.
7. EXTRA HELP REMINDER - extra help for grades 2-4 continues every Tuesday. You MUST REGISTER by the deadline each week, which is the Sunday prior by midnight.
8. If you know of any Pasadena families who have been affected by the government shutdown please reply and let us know!
9. The Pasadena Birthday Box has already been a huge success! We can create a birthday box that is delivered to your child's class on his or her birthday. Choose a wellness-approved choice of snack OR a birthday t-shirt that their class can sign. Snack choices are Pirates Booty, Rice Krispies Treats or Oreos. T-Shirt sizes are YSmall, YMedium, or YLarge. It will be delivered to your child’s class in a nice greeting container in celebration of your child's special day. The cost is $20. Please see attached flyer for more details. REMINDER – Please give at least 1 weeks’ notice to order a birthday box.
Have a great week!
Alison Carey, Steve Lindenfeld