Here are your weekly reminders and announcements:
1. We have kicked off our Yankee Candle Fundraiser! A catalog was sent home in your child’s backpack. You may send in a check with your order made out to Pasadena PTA or shop online at www.yankeecandlefundraising.com and use school code 999983105. FREE SHIPPING for all ONLINE orders this weekend. Orders must be placed by October 26th! This will be our only catalog fundraiser for 2018 so please support Pasadena! Our top 5 orders will get to choose a free piece of spirit wear!!! Choose from our fleece blanket, a sweatshirt, pj pants, basketball shorts, any shirt or headbands!
2. If you have not already joined the PTA, it is not too late. Please fill out the attached form and send it back to school with your payment of $8 per adult member. Checks should be made payable to Pasadena PTA or pay here https://paspta.memberhub.store. Each adult member in the house is encouraged to join. Please help us meet our goal of 100% membership from parents and staff. We appreciate your support!
3. You should be hearing from your class representatives shortly with your class lists and some opportunities for you to visit your child’s classroom. Be on the lookout for emails and or letters from them!
4. Our next Pretzel Sale is Fri, October 26th. If you missed the deadline for our first pretzel sale, don't worry, you can still prepay for the remaining 9 pretzel days by sending in $16 by Fri, Oct 19th! Pretzels will be delivered to your child's classroom at snack time. You may also pay for the month of October by sending in $2. Please note that payment must be received one week prior to the date of the sale. Please make sure that you label the envelope: PTA Pretzel Sale, with your child’s name and teachers name. See attached flyer for more details. NEW this year - you may also take advantage of our on line memberhub system and purchase your pretzel here https://paspta.memberhub.store.
5. The Pasadena Birthday Box has already been a huge success! We can create a birthday box that is delivered to your child's class on his or her birthday. Choose a wellness-approved choice of snack OR a birthday t-shirt that their class can sign. Snack choices are Pirates Booty, Rice Krispies Treats or Oreos. T-Shirt sizes are YSmall, YMedium, or YLarge. It will be delivered to your child’s class in a nice greeting container in celebration of your child's special day. The cost is $20. Please see attached flyer for more details. REMINDER – Please give at least 1 week’s notice to order a birthday box.
6. On Tuesday, October 16th there will be a Community Forum at the High School at 7:30pm. Link to ThoughtExchange
7. Extra Help has begun! Next Session is on Tuesday. Sign up required by Sunday at midnight.
8. We are collecting box tops! Please send your box tops in with your child, each box top raises ten cents for our school!
9. Attached please find a discounted offer from the Tilles Center for 3 different shows. Please contact Stacey Wallenstein for information.
10. October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month! Please have your child wear pink every Friday for the month of October to show support!
11. Homecoming is on October 20th! Join us in cheering on our very own Hawks! March with Pasadena's banner during the parade at 1:15 pm. Game kick off will begin at 2:00 pm. The parade will begin at the Plainview Park and will continue to the High School Turf Field. Don’t forget to visit the Homecoming Village.
12. 4th R Registration is on October 15th at POBMS at 7:30pm. See attached flyer for more details.
13. On Wednesday, October 17th please have your child wear blue to support the JDRF One Walk. Also, bring in a dollar to help fight Juvenile Diabetes! Please see attached flyer for more info.
14. Our next PTA Meeting is on Tuesday October 23rd at 7:30pm.
15. Monday, October 22nd from 10AM-6PM is Pasadena's MJ BEANZ Special Shopping Day!!! Come stock up on your holiday and birthday gifts and receive a 10% discount on your purchases. MJ Beanz will be making a 10% donation to the Pasadena PTA on all purchases made that day. Please mention "Pasadena" or bring the attached flyer with you.
16. Save the date! Wednesday, October 31st will be our 4th annual Vocabulary Parade! Get your thinking caps on! From A to Z, students can consider the entire dictionary as possible wardrobe choices. Flyers were sent home in children’s’ backpacks.
Please remember that forms can be found on our PTA website, pasadenaelementary.org.
Have a great week!
Alison Carey, Steve Lindenfeld