Let the Spring countdown begin!!! Here are your weekly reminders and announcements:
1. Our next PASADENA PTA MEETING is this Tues, Mar 6th at 7:30pm in the library. Come hear Pasadena updates and Ms. Heitner's report. The minutes from our Jan 9th PTA meeting can be found on the Pasadena PTA website. We hope you can attend!
2. Come celebrate Pasadena's Founders' Day recipients, Marisa Mitnick, Daniella Blackman, Danielle DeRosa and Lauren Steinberg (for SEPTA). The Founders' Day Dinner is on Wed, Mar 14th at 6:15pm at the Crest Hollow Country Club. There will be a cocktail hour and full dinner served. The deadline to RSVP has been extended, but seating requests can no longer be guaranteed. If you would like to attend, please send in payment with the attached form below.
3. Spring Pictures will be held this Thurs, Mar 8th. You do not need to pre-order, you will receive an online code a few weeks after picture day to view and order portraits. A flyer came home in your child's backpack last week. A copy is attached below.
4. Incredible Feets has offered Pasadena a 10% discount on all regular & sale items - no minimum purchase required! Come on down this Thurs, Mar 8th through Sun, Mar 11th and Pasadena will receive 5% back from all purchases made. Please note that you MUST bring the attached flyer to receive the discount.
5. The Spring Book Fair is coming up on Tues, Mar 20th and Wed, Mar 21st. Flyers with book samplings will be coming home in your child's backpack next week. If you are able to volunteer, please email us at pasadenaelementary.org . Please remember that your name MUST be on the list at the front desk to attend the Book Fair. See the attached schedule for class times.
6. Our next Pretzel Sale is Fri, Mar 23rd. You can pay $2 for the month or prepay for the remainder of the year by sending in $8. Payment must be made a week before the sale. Please make sure that you label the envelope: PTA Pretzel Sale, with your Child's name and Teacher's name. See attached flyer for more details.
7. If you would like to be considered for a position on the Pasadena Executive Board for the 2018-2019 school year, please send your application into school in an envelope labeled "Pasadena PTA Nominating Committee" by Mon, Mar 19th. Attached find role descriptions and the application.
8. The 6th annual St. Baldrick’s event is almost here! Help raise money and awareness for childhood cancer research on Mon, Mar 12th, 3:30 – 6:30pm at Mattlin Middle School. More information is attached below. They are also having a Pre-Event Raffle. Amazing prizes are being raffled off for this great cause. See attached link: St. Baldrick's Pre-Event Raffle Ticket Form .
9. Please see the attached flyer for our next POB Elementary Parent Night on Wed, Mar 28th at 7pm, right here at Pasadena. The theme of the workshop is "Mindful Discipline". All POB Parents are welcome to attend.
10. We are so excited about this year's Spring catalog fundraiser! Square 1 Art makes every child feel like an accomplished artist by turning their art into memorable keepsakes. Your children have been hard at work in art class so be on the lookout for your custom catalog featuring your child’s specific artwork! More information coming soon!
11. The Pasadena Birthday Box has already been a huge success! It includes a wellness-approved choice of snack and an individual bottle of water for each child and teacher in a nice greeting container in celebration of your child's special day. Please see attached flyer for more details.
12. SAVE THE DATE - This year's Parents' Night Out will be Fri, May 4th at Jewel in Melville. Mark your calendars now because you don't want to miss out!
Please remember that forms can be found on our PTA website, pasadenaelementary.org
Have a great week!
Marisa Mitnick, Alison Carey