Here are your weekly reminders and announcements:
1. Reminder: For all class parents and committee chairpersons, there will be a mandatory orientation meeting this week. The meetings will be held on Monday, September 24th - 9:30 am for class parents, 10:00 am for committee chairpersons OR if evenings are better for you, Thursday September 27th - 7:30 pm for class parents, 8:00 pm for committee chairpersons. You need to attend the orientation on only one of these dates, not both.
2. If you have not already joined the PTA, it is not too late. Please fill out the attached form and send it back to school with your payment of $8 per adult member. Checks should be made payable to Pasadena PTA or pay here https://paspta.memberhub.store. Each adult member in the house is encouraged to join. Please help us meet our goal of 100% membership from parents and staff. We appreciate your support!
3. We are still waiting for some Class List Permission Slips. If you have not already filled it out and returned it to school, please do so immediately. Your class parents are trying to compile your class lists but they can't do it without your forms. Class lists will only be distributed once they have been completed and approved. Please don't hold up your class list distribution and send your slip back today! We have attached the class list permission slip for your convenience.
4. Time is running out to buy your Kidstuff Coupon Book. We hope you will take advantage of all of the great coupons offered, it more than pays for itself in all of your savings! There are two ways to purchase this year. If you would like to purchase a coupon book this year, please use the envelope sent home to send in a check for $25 made payable to Pasadena PTA. OR Go to https://mykscb.com/myschool and use our school code PAS123776. Purchasers pay the same $25 per book online and choose "Pick up from Seller" so that no shipping is charged and we will send the books home with your students. There is a NEW KidStuff Coupon App included with every book this year! Also new this year is the Tees & Hoodies Prize Program!
5. Our first Pretzel Sale will be this Fri, Sept 28th. If you missed the deadline for our first pretzel sale, don't worry, you can still prepay for the remaining 9 pretzel days! Pretzels will be delivered to your child's classroom at snack time. Pretzel sales are held once per month and you can pay monthly or pre-pay for the year. Payment must have been received by Sept 21st to take advantage of this early bird price. Please send in exact change only or check made payable to Pasadena PTA. **Please make sure that you label your envelope PTA Pretzel Sale AND make sure to include your child's name and teacher's name. Flyer is attached with additional details. NEW this year - you may also take advantage of our on line memberhub system and purchase your pretzel here https://paspta.memberhub.store.
6. The Pasadena Birthday Box has already been a huge success! We can create a birthday box that is delivered to your child's class on his or her birthday. They include a wellness-approved choice of snack OR a birthday t-shirt that their class can sign. It will be delivered to your child’s class in a nice greeting container in celebration of your child's special day. The cost is $20. Please see attached flyer for more details. REMINDER – Please give at least 1 weeks notice to order a birthday box.
7. Ask your child about Hip Pickles this week! They are a percussion ensemble that delivers music with a message and are sure to be a huge hit!
8. POB's first PTA Council Meeting is this Wed, Sept 26th at 7:30pm at the High School.
9. The next two Board of Education Meetings will take place on Monday, October 1st in the BOE room and Monday, October 15th at the High School at 7:30pm.
10. We are collecting box tops! Please send your box tops in with your child, each box top raises ten cents for our school!
11. Attached please find a discounted offer from the Tilles Center for 3 different shows. Please contact Stacey Wallenstein for information.
Please remember that forms can be found on our PTA website, pasadenaelementary.org.
Have a great week!
Alison Carey, Steve Lindenfeld