Here are your weekly reminders and announcements.
1. Our Winter Blood Drive is on Tuesday, Dec. 11th from 9:00 am - 9:30 pm at POBMS (in the Busmobile in the morning and in the cafeteria from 4:00 pm on). This drive is especially important because our region is in an Emergency Blood Shortage. Please see attached flyer for more information!
2. Picture retake day is on Tuesday, December 11th. If you plan on having your child's picture re-taken (if you are unhappy with the way your child's picture came out or if your child was absent on picture day), please KEEP THE CLASS PICTURE, but send back everything else in your picture package. You can either write "re-take" on the envelope or attach a note indicating that you would like a re-take done.
3. Our 4th grade Winter Concert will take place on Wednesday, December 12th at 10:00am in the cafeteria. 4th grade parents are invited to attend! K,1st, 2nd and 3rd grade children will be invited to enjoy the concert in the afternoon!
4. This holiday season, let’s work together to bring smiles to the faces of children at the Ronald McDonald House. Pasadena will be collecting new and unwrapped toys for the Ronald McDonald annual toy drive from November 26th - December 14th. See attached flyer!
5. On January 25th, critically acclaimed author/illustrator Dan Yaccarino will be visiting the
students! Children all over the world know him from his children’s books, animated TV series Oswald, Emmy-winning Willa’s Wild Life and character designs for The Backyardigans. A flyer was sent home with children who would like to purchase an autographed book. DEADLINE for orders is DECEMBER 12th! See attached flyer for details!
6. Our next Pretzel Sale is on Fri, December 21st. If you missed the deadline for our first three pretzel sales, don't worry, you can still prepay for the remaining 7 pretzel days by sending in $14 by Mon, December 10th! Pretzels will be delivered to your child's classroom at snack time. You may also pay for the month of December by sending in $2. Please note that payment must be received one week prior to the date of the sale. Please make sure that you label the envelope: PTA Pretzel Sale, with your child’s name and teachers name. NEW this year - you may also take advantage of our online memberhub system and purchase your pretzels here https://paspta.memberhub.store.
7. The Pasadena Birthday Box has already been a huge success! We can create a birthday box that is delivered to your child's class on his or her birthday. Choose a wellness-approved choice of snack OR a birthday t-shirt that their class can sign. Snack choices are Pirates Booty, Rice Krispies Treats or Oreos. T-Shirt sizes are YSmall, YMedium, or YLarge. It will be delivered to your child’s class in a nice greeting container in celebration of your child's special day. The cost is $20. Please see attached flyer for more details. REMINDER – Please give at least 1 weeks’ notice to order a birthday box.
8. If you have not already joined the PTA, it is not too late. Please fill out the attached form and send it back to school with your payment of $8 per adult member. Checks should be made payable to Pasadena PTA or pay here https://paspta.memberhub.store. Each adult member in the house is encouraged to join. Please help us meet our goal of 100% membership from parents and staff. We appreciate your support! Please remember that forms can be found on our PTA website, pasadenaelementary.org.
Have a great week!
Alison Carey, Steve Lindenfeld