Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend! Here are your weekly reminders and announcements:
1. We had our PARP (Parents As Reading Partners) kick-off Friday with the Squeaky Clean Band. The children had a blast! PARP continues this week. This year's theme is "Animal Safari-Wild About Reading". Your child should have come home with their PARP packet on Thursday. In it you will find the PARP calendar (attached here for your convenience). Please take a moment to look at it and see all the fun activities and events we have planned for the week. Popular children's author David Adler will be our guest reader this week!!! Don't forget to send back the daily activity and reading log each day. We will decorate the halls with our super-reader skills!
2. What should your child wear PARP week??? Tomorrow- Read Your Shirt Day; Tues- Wear Your Favorite Animal Color/Shirt; Wed- Pajama Day/Bring Your Favorite Stuffed Animal In; Fri- Spirit Day- Trip/Spirit Shirt or Blue Shirt!
3. In conjunction with our PARP program will be having a Book Drive. We will be donating books to a wonderful organization called Reading Reflections. They will get your gently used books into the hands of children who could really use them. Adult books are also welcome. We will have collection bins in our main lobby starting tomorrow, Mon, Jan 22nd through Fri, Jan 26th.
4. Our next Pretzel Sale is Fri, Feb 16th. You can pay $2 for the month or prepay for the remainder of the year by sending in $10. Payment must be made a week before the sale. Please make sure that you label the envelope: PTA Pretzel Sale, with your Child's name and Teacher's name. See attached flyer for more details.
5. The next POB District Board of Ed Meeting is tomorrow, Mon, Jan 22nd at 7:45pm at the District Office at Mattlin.
6. Last weekend the PPS (Pupil Personnel Services) Department has moved into their new location at the Stratford Road Annex. All phones numbers will remain the same.
7. Please see the attached flyer for the POBMS production of Mary Poppins. Performances run from Feb 1st through Feb 3rd.
8. The Pasadena Birthday Box has already been a huge success! It includes a wellness-approved choice of snack and an individual bottle of water for each child and teacher in a nice greeting container in celebration of your child's special day. Please see attached flyer for more details.
Please remember that forms can be found on our PTA website, pasadenaelementary.org
Have a great week!
Marisa Mitnick, Alison Carey