Here are your weekly reminders and announcements:
1. Our next PTA meeting will take place on Tuesday, March 19th at 9:30am. Come hear Mrs. Heitner’s report and all of the latest happenings at Pasadena!
2. The next Board of Education meeting will take place on Tuesday, March 19th at 7:45pm. This will be a budget meeting.
3. Last day for our Mixed Bags Fundraiser! Be sure to check your kids folder for the catalog. Check out their awesome items! Orders are due tomorrow!!! Or shop online at http://www.mixedbagdesigns.com and enter Pasadena or ID 287881
4. If you would like to be considered for a position on the Pasadena Executive Board for the 2019-2020 school year, please send your application into school in an envelope labeled "Pasadena PTA Nominating Committee" or email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, March 25th. Attached find role descriptions and the application. A hard copy was also sent home.
5. On Thursday, March 21st Pasadena will be celebrating World Down Syndrome Day by wearing “Lots of Socks”. By wearing lots of socks, we can raise awareness for and create conversation about Down Syndrome. Bring in a $1 donation (or whatever amount you like) for the Down Syndrome Advocacy Foundation.
6. Spring Picture day will take place on Tuesday, March 26th. You do not need to pre-order, you will receive an online code a few weeks after picture day to view and order portraits. A flyer came home in your child's backpack this week.
7. POB K-8 Family Steam Night will take place on Thursday, March 28th at 6:00pm at POBMS. Parents and children will work as a team as they visit Exploratorium Stations or sign up for a specific STEAM Challenge Session. See attached flyer for details!
8. SAVE THE DATE! This year's Parents' Night Out will be held on Fri, May 3rd, at 7:30pm at Jewel in Melville. We will have vendors for shopping that are sure to be a HUGE hit plus a photo booth, raffle baskets, dinner, dessert and more! As part of PNO, we raffle off baskets to raise money for our children. Each class has been asked to collect donations for a themed basket for Parents’ Night Out. The list of items we need for each class is attached - all donations must be sent in by April 1st.
9. If you would like to be considered for a position on SEPTA’s executive board, please fill out a form and mail it to Patrice Finkelstein by March 28th. See attached flyer.
10. Our next Pretzel Sale is on Friday, March 29th. You can still prepay for the remaining pretzel days by sending in $8 no later than Monday, March 25th! Pretzels will be delivered to your child's classroom at snack time. You may also pay for the month of March by sending in $2. Please note that payment must be received one week prior to the date of the sale. Please make sure that you label the envelope: PTA Pretzel Sale, with your child’s name and teachers name.
11. The Pasadena Birthday Box has already been a huge success! We can create a birthday box that is delivered to your child's class on his or her birthday. Choose a wellness-approved choice of snack OR a birthday t-shirt that their class can sign. Snack choices are Pirates Booty, Rice Krispies Treats or Oreos. T-Shirt sizes are YSmall, YMedium, or YLarge. It will be delivered to your child’s class in a nice greeting container in celebration of your child's special day. The cost is $20. Please see attached flyer for more details. REMINDER – Please give at least 1 weeks’ notice to order a birthday box.
Have a great week!
Alison Carey, Steve Lindenfeld