We hope that everyone is having a wonderful weekend!
Here are your weekly reminders and announcements:
***There is an early dismissal this Thursday, March 23rd due to Parent/Teacher Conferences. Pasadena’s dismissal will be at 11:40 am**
1. Our Spring Scholastic Book Fair is here. Classes will be visiting the book fair on either Monday, March 20th or Tuesday, March 21st. The Book Fair will also be set up in the main lobby during parent teacher conferences on Thursday, March 23rd. If you would like to help your child's class at the book fair, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. **For Security Purposes, all volunteers must notify us in advance so their name can be placed on a list at the front desk. Anyone whose name is not on the list, will NOT be permitted to go down to the Book Fair. Please see attached for the schedule of classes.
2. Staff Appreciation Day is Thursday, March 23rd. PTA puts a really nice afternoon luncheon together for the staff. We are looking for donations of fruit and desserts from the parents. If you are willing to donate something, it would be greatly appreciated. All donations should be dropped off in the main office by Tuesday, March 21st. Perishable items should be dropped off the morning of Thursday, March 23rd. Thank you for your help in making this a special day for the staff at Pasadena.
3. If you have not replied to your class parents with your child’s t-shirt size for their Field Day T-Shirts, you must do so no later than Friday, March 30th. We are so happy and proud that for the 4th year in a row Pasadena PTA can provide these shirts for all students at NO cost to the parents. **Please send your child’s t-shirt size directly to your class parents.
4. The next BOE Meeting is tomorrow, Monday,March 20th at 7:00 pm. It is Budget Meeting #3.
5. As Spring Sports are beginning, please use the attached coupon at Modell's. By using this coupon you will receive 15% off your total purchase of regular and sale priced merchandise. Pasadena PTA can earn 5% of purchases made as well. Go stock up on all your sporting needs and support our school at the same time. This coupon is valid through Friday,April 14th.
6. Mixed Bags Fundraiser deadline has been extended. We will be accepting orders until Friday, March 24th. Our fundraiser ID is 287881.
7. Just a reminder for the 2nd GRADE FAMILIES, Please be aware that your RSVP for the original date is NOT admission to the new date (Friday, March 31st). Please return the attached flyer and indicate if you will be attending (or if you are no longer able to attend).
8. Save the date for the Pasadena Event of the Year! Parent’s Night Out will be on Friday, May 5th at Jewel Restaurant in Melville. The flyer is attached.
9. The district will be hosting a Substance Abuse Forum with Dr. Stephen Dewey on Thursday, May 4th from 7-8:30 pm at Stratford Rd. This is a PARENT ONLY EVENT. Please see the attached flyer for more details.
10. Spirit wear sale is ongoing. Please see attached order form for selection and sizes.
Thank you and have a great week!
Leslie & Marisa