We hope that everyone enjoyed the break and are enjoying the beautiful weather!
Here are your weekly reminders and announcements:
1. Spring Pictures were sent home in your child’s backpack before the break. Please note
the last day to purchase these pictures is on Friday, April 28th. Visit pictureday.com, enter your online code to place your order.
2. At our last PTA meeting, the nominating committee announced the proposed slate for
next year’s Pasadena PTA Executive Board:
Co-President: Marisa Mitnick, Alison Carey
First Vice President: Daniella Blackman
VP Fundraising: Jaime Vine
VP Programming: Lori Bornstein
VP Cultural Arts: Gena Tesoriero
VP Communications: Tracy Miniman
VP Finance: Sharon Sakhichand
VP Membership: Kim Berkowitz
VP Community/School Service: Sharon Levine
Treasurer: Michael Rosenstein
Recording Secretary: Danielle Schwartzberg
Corresponding Secretary: Steve Lindenfeld
Past President: Leslie Heichman
We will vote on this slate at our next PTA meeting, Tuesday, May 2nd at 7:30 pm. If there is anyone who would like to run against someone on the proposed slate, you must notify us at email@example.com at least two business days before the vote as outlined in our PTA Bylaws. (Friday, April 28th). Once the slate has been voted on, the new Executive Board will be sworn in at our last PTA meeting, June 14th at 9:30 am.
3. Grades K – 3rd, you should’ve received the order form for the 2017-2018 student supply kits. These kits are customized, per grade by our teachers to provide you with almost all the school supplies used by each teacher in that grade (a few additional items may still be needed). If you are going to purchase a supply kit using the forms that were sent home, the orders are due by Tuesday, April 18th. Please make sure checks are payable to Pasadena PTA. You can order online until or April 21st. If you are ordering online, please enter our school account number 90633. **Please note that all online orders are subject to NYS SALES TAX**. Please see attached instructions to help you order these supplies.
4. Calling all Kindergarteners- The K night out is on Friday, April 28th at 6:30 pm. Get ready for a roaring good time with Dinosaurs Rock! Please send in your form and $5 per child no later than 4/21 (no payment will be accepted at the door & no siblings, please). Please see attached flyer for details.
5. This year's Parent’s Night Out is less than 3 weeks away! Get ready to eat, drink, mingle and shop. Please send in your form with check by April 21st. It will be on Friday, May 5th at Jewel Restaurant in Melville. The flyer is attached.
6. The District will be hosting a Substance Abuse Forum with Dr. Stephen Dewey on Thursday, May 4th from 7-8:30 pm at Stratford Rd. This is a PARENT ONLY EVENT. Please see attached flyer for more details.
7. We are joining with Old Bethpage, Judy Jacobs Parkway and Stratford Rd PTA in selling tickets to a Long Island Ducks Game. The game is on Saturday, May 20th at 6:35 pm. The deadline for these tickets is Friday, May 5th. Please note that this is a FIRM deadline. Please see attached flyer for instructions on how to purchase tickets online.
8. Spirit Wear sale is ongoing. Please see attached flyer for selection and order form.
9. The next BOE Meeting is Monday, April 24th at 7:45 pm.
Thank you and have a great week!
Leslie & Marisa