We hope that everyone is having a great weekend. Here are your PTA Weekly Reminders and Announcements:
1. Reminder: For all class parents and committee chairpersons, there will be a mandatory orientation meeting. They will be held on Monday, September 26th - 9:30 am for class parents, 10:15 am for committee chairpersons OR if evenings are better for you, Tuesday September 27th - 7:30 pm for class parents, 8:00 pm for committee chairpersons. You need to attend the orientation on one of these dates, not both.
2. We have our first Cultural Arts Assembly on Wednesday, September 28th. Jared Campbell will be bringing his Blue Light Project to our students. Each show is specifically targeted to the age group consisting of songs that keep them engaged, singing along and reinforcing positive character building messages.
3. Our first community service project is underway! Operation Gratitude is an organization that supports deployed troops, veterans and wounded warriors. We are asking the children to write a letter to make their day better. See attached flyer for details.
3. We are trying to wrap up our Kidstuff Coupon Book Fundraiser with our vendor. If you have already sent in your payment for a book, thank you. If you are interested in purchasing the book, please send in your payment of $25 per book and a book will be sent home with your child. Please make checks payable to Pasadena PTA.
4. Our next Pretzel sale is on October 21, 2016. You can purchase pretzels by sending in $2. PLEASE NOTE THAT PAYMENT MUST BE RECEIVED ONE WEEK PRIOR TO THE DATE OF THE SALE. Please make sure that you label the envelope: PTA Pretzel Sale, with your Child's name and Teacher's name. You may prepay for the rest of the year at any time.
5. We are getting ready to kick off our Candy/Gift Wrap Fundraiser. Please make sure to check your child's backpack as the catalogs will be coming home in the next couple of weeks.
6. We are still waiting for some class list permission slips. If you have not already filled it out and returned it to school, please do so immediately. Your class parents are trying to compile your class lists but they can't do it without your forms. Class lists will only be distributed once they have been completed and approved. Please don't hold up your class list distribution and send your slip back today! I have attached the class list permission slip for your convenience.
7. If you have not already joined PTA, it is not too late. Please fill out the attached form and send it back to school with your payment of $8 per adult member. Checks should be made payable to Pasadena PTA. Each adult member in the house is encouraged to join. Please help us meet our goal of 100% membership from parents and staff. We appreciate your support!
8. The Pasadena Birthday Box has already been a huge success! It includes a wellness-approved choice of snack and an individual bottle of water for each child and teacher in a nice greeting container in celebration of your child's special day. Please see attached flyer for more details.
9. The first SEPTA meeting of the year is this Tuesday, September 27th at 7:30 pm at POBMS.
**PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN ONE CHILD IN THE SCHOOL, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WRITE SEPARATE CHECKS FOR EACH CHILD. JUST MAKE SURE ITS ONE CHECK FOR EACH SEPARATE EVENT. PLEASE BE SURE TO WRITE EACH OF YOUR CHILDREN'S NAMES ON THE CHECK OR ENVELOPE.
We hope you have a great week!
Leslie Heichman/Marisa Mitnick