Here are your weekly reminders and announcements:
1. Our next BOE meeting will take place on Monday, February 11th at 7:45 pm.
2. Please join SEPTA for their meeting on Monday, February 11th at 9:30am at POBMS. There will be a discussion about anxiety in our children in elementary, middle and high school including break out groups.
3. On Monday, February 11th The New York Chinese Cultural Center will be coming to perform for our 1st graders. They will be presenting their Acrobat Power Plus program introducing Chinese dance, acrobatics and culture. Full costumes, authentic music and interactive segments will engage our 1st graders in a fun and educational way.
4. Our annual Founders Day Awards Dinner will take place on Wednesday, March 13th from 6:15 - 10:00pm at Crest Hollow Country Club. Join us in honoring some amazing individuals in our community including our very own Pasadena honorees, Alison Carey, Michael Rosenstein, and Arda Victor. A HUGE thank you to Lori Bornstein for all of her hard work and dedication in chairing Founders Day for Pasadena! Flyer attached with details!
5. Our next Pretzel Sale is on Thursday, February 28th. If you missed the deadline for our first five pretzel sales, don't worry, you can still prepay for the remaining 5 pretzel days by sending in $10 no later than Friday, February15th! Pretzels will be delivered to your child's classroom at snack time. You may also pay for the month of February by sending in $2 Please note that payment must be received one week prior to the date of the sale. Please make sure that you label the envelope: PTA Pretzel Sale, with your child’s name and teachers name.
6. EXTRA HELP REMINDER - extra help for grades 2-4 continues every Tuesday. You MUST REGISTER by the deadline each week, which is the Sunday prior by midnight.
7. The Pasadena Birthday Box has already been a huge success! We can create a birthday box that is delivered to your child's class on his or her birthday. Choose a wellness-approved choice of snack OR a birthday t-shirt that their class can sign. Snack choices are Pirates Booty, Rice Krispies Treats or Oreos. T-Shirt sizes are YSmall, YMedium, or YLarge. It will be delivered to your child’s class in a nice greeting container in celebration of your child's special day. The cost is $20. Please see attached flyer for more details. REMINDER – Please give at least 1 weeks’ notice to order a birthday box.
8 Tickets are now on sale for The Harlem Wizards VS The Teachers! Come and see Mr. LeRea, Mrs. Checkla and Mrs. Harris play with other teachers from our district against The Wizards - April 10th at 7pm at POBMS. See attached flyer to purchase tickets!
9. POB K-8 Family Steam Night will take place on Thursday, March 28th at 6:00pm at POBMS. Parents and children will work as a team as they visit Exploratorium Stations or sign up for a specific STEAM Challenge Session. See attached flyer for details!
10. A Look Ahead - School will be closed Monday, February 18th - Friday, February 22nd.
Have a great week!
Alison Carey, Steve Lindenfeld