Hope everyone had a great weekend! Here are your weekly reminders and announcements:
1. Due to inclement weather, Field Day is now this Tues, May 22nd at 9:35 am. Field Day shirts have been purchased by the PTA for every child and came home in your child's bag last week for your child to wear on Field Day. All parents are invited to come and watch the games. Please bring water for yourself as the PTA only has enough water for the children. For the safety and security of our students and staff please complete this form letting the building know if you or other guests will be attending: https://goo.gl/forms/tXxBEvDiGXKQfWJf2 The only entrance will be through the playground gates on the north side of the building. There will be a table set up for check in. Please bring photo identification with you.
2. The Pasadena Spring Picnic is just around the corner! The date of the picnic is Fri, June 1st, from 6-8pm at the Pasadena Elementary Playground (rain date - Fri, June 8th). There is no charge to attend this event. Food will be available for purchase and the PTA will be providing a DJ, races, contests, cotton candy, face-painting and so much more!!! Please see attached flyer for more details.
3. Learn more about the opioid crisis at "Pathways to Prevention" which will be held this Tues, May 22nd, 7-9pm at Mattlin Middle School. The workshop will be presented by Nassau County Legislature Arnold Drucker. See attached flyer for more details.
4. Our final Pretzel Sale is Fri, June 15th. Cost of the pretzel is $2. Please send in payment a week before the sale and make sure that you label the envelope: PTA Pretzel Sale, with your Child's name and Teacher's name. See attached flyer for more details.
5. The PTA's Outgoing Presidents' Dinner will be held on Wed, June 13th at 7pm at Domenico's Restaurant. Come celebrate the District's outgoing presidents, including Pasadena's own, Marisa Mitnick! If you are unable to attend, please consider making a donation for a gift. Attached please find a copy of the flyer - hard copies of the flyer will be also be coming home in your child's backpack next week. RSVP by June 8th.
6. We are having a Bottle Cap Collection!!! Our PTA is sponsoring an Arts in Education workshop with Green Earth Craft, Inc. Leslie Sattler will be creating a recycled mural with all of our students. It would be greatly appreciated if you could please send in clean plastic caps (caps from juice, laundry detergent, food etc...) We can make use of all colors and sizes with a flat bottom. Please do not send in small water bottle caps. Thank you in advance! Please start bringing in caps ASAP.
7. POB's next Board of Education Meeting is tomorrow, Mon, May 21st, at 7pm, at the District Office at Mattlin.
8. The next SEPTA Meeting is this Tues, May 22nd at 7:30pm at POB Middle School.
9. If you are interested in volunteering or chairing for Pasadena Committees and Events next year, please use the following link to sign up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c084cabaa28a5ff2-20182019 Feel free to reach out to us with any questions!
10. Please see attached flyer to register for PAL Youth Football & Cheer for the 2018 season.
11. If you would like to order a Pasadena Birthday Box, please see the attached flyer. It includes a wellness-approved choice of snack and an individual bottle of water for each child and teacher in a nice greeting container in celebration of your child's special day.
12. Please note that school will be open this Fri, May 25th (snow day make up).
Please remember that forms can be found on our PTA website, pasadenaelementary.org
Have a great week!
Marisa Mitnick & Alison Carey